CHT 100

Hi,

Is there anything extra considerations when welding CHT100. The info I have says use 110xx but nothing about procedure. Can I just weld likes it's mild plate. (1/4")

Glen

Reply to
glensmith

CHT100 is listed as a quenched and tempered steel used for truck frames. You will have to preheat to around 500 degF before welding and slow cool wrapped in welding blankets.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler