I love Henry Ford .......

Reply to
RoyJ

I had the exact same experience as Steve.

Ignoramus16148

My favorite radiotr lady finally retired. Used to take radiators to Apple's Garage. They lady there would ubnsolder the tanks, rod out the tubes, flush everythihng thoroughly, solder the tanks back on and pressure test it. She did everything for me from little Honda Goldwing radators to 4 and 5 core truck radiators. They tore the building down a couple years ago. Now I'm gonna have to find me a new radiator lady.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Took my radiator to a local shop this morning. The guy was 50ish, had a beer belly, and a name like Bubba or Bart or some B word. I showed him my radiator. He said it will be ready tomorrow and it will be $50 to $80 completely gone through. Are you sure, I asked? I've been doing this forty years, he said. Musta done fifty of these. Is this from a fork lift or a welder, he asked.

Saturday, a young fellow at one of the other shops said no one in town did radiators, and I should just buy new.

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right. -Henry Ford-

We need to find a planet for the youth of today.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I bet she looked like the septic tank pumper lady I knew a while back. About three teeth, and held her cigarette between her pinky and next finger, because they weren't as covered in you-know-what. I bet her immune system was tip-top.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

........... the sign of a true craftsman .............

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

He told you what he'd been told to tell you. They needed a young guy who hadn't heard of Bart yet.

BTW: he meant "in this town _and in this universe_". Clearly you were communicating with a being from a different universe...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Usually the scummier the shop, the better the work. Like I ask my doctors. "Are your golf clubs clean?" Yea why, ? I'd ask for a different doc if they were covered in golf related dirt. I need a doctor who cares..... If a guy's shop is in a mess but busy there is a reason for it- he is probably pretty good!!!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

PS: Iggy don't knock me- I use a clean room to assemble my engines! No dirt allowed!

Reply to
Rob Fraser

Rb,

did i sell you one of the diamond backs your selling now? watercooled 25 footer , i might be interested in it back , as well as the cooler ( just scored a new old stock thermal arc 300gtsw )

Reply to
Chris Henry