Is my welder big enough to weld aluminum?

Hello group,

I have a Lincoln 255 Power Mig and was wondering if it would weld 1/8" to

1/2" aluminum pretty good?

I have only used my welder to weld steel. What would I need to convert the welder over or should I get another welder just for aluminum?

What would be a good welder for aluminum and in a good price range?

Thanks to all!

Reply to
CDC

"CDC" wrote in news:cog9a1$2ujo$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.infoave.net:

Lincoln has a aluminum kit available for your setup:

Jim Vrzal Holiday,Fl.

Reply to
Mawdeeb

Either a spoolgun from Lincoln or a generic spoolgun from MK Products or Readywelder.

The machine has plenty of power for aluminum.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler