Jack-legal question

Jack, Can an E-mail who the non-intended recipient was accidentally sent a copy be used in court for evidence or is it illegal for someone who is not the
intended recipient (ie: my ex) be admitted as evidence or is it illegal for her to have a document intended to be sent to another person. I sent a letter to :"Jones" but I sent her the letter on accident and she is trying to use the content of the letter against me. Isn't there a law about possessing data not intended for anyone but the recipient. She is trying to get into my bank accounts. I need to know what the deal is. Call me please.
Rob
PS: your tranny is finished, pro-bono.
Sorry fellas- I sent this to the wrong person. it wound up here on accident. Any lawyers in the house since it's here? Sorry to clutter the board. This was meant to go to a person not a group.
Rob

RDF wrote:

You seem to have the problem of sending emails to the wrong recipient quite often :)

First, you've got to me more careful, I am doubtful that you really intended to ask for legal advice in a welding newsgroup.
If you emailed your message to her, then she obtained it legally, even though it was not intentional. A court would probably admit it as evidence.
This would be similar to you leaving confidential documents at her place, by mistake.

Yup, It was supposed to go to a friend, not this welding forum. I fat-fingered it. Rob

"RDF" wrote: (clip) I fat-fingered it. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You did this with your (ex)wife and now with this newsgroup. For your own sake, YOU'VE GOT TO BE MORE CAREFUL.
Yea, a 24" LCD monitor in UNIX all day then switching to a XP laptop. I get a Darwin award, let's not beat me up guys. I know, I know, I know..... I try to do too many things at once on multiple platforms. I'm on a bit of meds too for the broken back. Not a good mix.
Rob
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.