Lanthanated tungsten

I am trying to do away with the thoriated tungstens and am looking to find out if there is any noticable difference between a 1.5 percent and a 2 percent lanthanated tungsten? I am doing mainly mild steel and silicon bronze but there is an occasional aluminum job in there. Is one really better than the other?

Thanks,

Randy

Reply to
Randy Reid

I just recently got some 2% Lanthanated tungstesn to compare. So far Iike them a lot.

They tale even higher amperages on AC than the 1% and 1.5% Lanthanated tungstens I have been using for years.

I don't know if te difference is worth paying a lot of money for, but it didn't really cost me much to try them, since the dealer I got them from has very low prices.

I bought them from Aglevtech on eBay.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler