Lincoln SP series mig welders versus a retail version?

I have preached this very idea here for a long time. When considering buying a machine, consumables and spare parts are a BIG consideration. Even with clones and relabeled machines. They can be called "Old Sparky" on the label, and if they use Lincoln or Miller or Hobart consumables, then you just jog on down to the store and buy them. Even the Borgs have tips and other consumables now for the major colors. Get one of the Fujimatsosuki's, and you won't have the same luck, and your machine will spend more time sitting there instead of welding.

Even if you DID save big bucks when you bought it. I suggest that anyone who buys a cheap welding machine insist on a good carrying handle. That way, it will always make a good boat anchor.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

The thing I like the MOST about red or blue is that 99.9% of the time, you flip the switch, twist a valve and start welding.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

My overall goal is to buy quality tools before i'm married and still have them in 20 years if i can

Reply to
Brent

Buy quality and cry only once. As for having the same wife in twenty years, I can offer no valid advice in that area.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB