need miller help

I have acquired a really nice miller maxtron 450 from an auto plant , it was the spare for the units on the production line and apparently got forgotten in the corner

I want to add on a wire feeder , can I use the miller 22 feeder?

where can I find the add- on pulser?

can I leave a tig pedal and the wire feeder connected all the time?

it has both the 14 and 17 pin connectors

what is a good source for fittings for hooking up the water cooled tig , I have a water block but no fitting to hook up the water , it is an odd left hand thread on the water supply side

I have 100 psi of water pressure is it okay to use city water and blow out the lines with compressed air when not in use?

thanks ahead of time Ernie

Reply to
williamhenry

I would go to

and ask Andy. He or someone on that forum will have the answers you need.

Reply to
joebass

They are standard welding shop parts. MSC or any other industrial supply house probably has them as well.

100 psi is too high to feed into a torch, most are rated at 50 or 60 psi. If you are going to use a solenoid valve to switch the water on and off with the weld current, a real pressure regulator would be the best idea. If you are going to use constant flow, you might get by with just a needle valve or some other flow restrictor and a gauge downstream of the restrictor. The hoses cost almost as much as the torch body itself, so popping a water hose is a bad thing.

Bob

Reply to
MetalHead