O/A 'sound advice' needed

The gauges on my regulators arn't too accurate at lower pressures so if
I set them for a size 1 or 2 tip (3.5 psi / 0.24 bar) I don't quite get
enough gas flow so have to increase the pressure at the regulators to
get a decent neutral flame, the problem is I get a low hum from the
mixer or nozzle, is this normal ?
As you can guess I havn't been at this long ! The welds come out just
fine though but I'm a tad nervous about operating like this for any
length of time.
Thanks in advance
Jim
Reply to
Jim
Try to borrow another acetylene regulator, ideally a 2-stage one with a large diaphragm, and see if the problem goes away. My guess is that your regulator's diaphragm is making the noise.
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
I used a small set of single stage Victor regulators for a long time that made a low hum or buzzing noise when the toch was on. As long as the pressures are stable and you don't smell acetylene I would not worry about it.
Bob
Reply to
BobH
Thanks Grant and Bob,
The humming actually appears to be coming from the mixer rather than the regulators, The regs I'm using are 2 stage and hold the pressure perfectly. The tip does tend to get a tad warm aswell, I'll have another go later on just to make sure where exactly the hum comes from. Thanks again Jim
Reply to
Jim

Site Timeline