OT - recommendations for cheap but reliable ISP?

I know this has nothing to do with welding ... but it does have to do with continuing to access this newsgroup!

My current dial-up arrangement is coming to an end, so I have to find a new ISP. I don't need any bells or whistles; just reliable 56K dial-up access (from the Fuquay-Varina, NC area), unlimited internet, and an email account. I've done a little looking on the web, and have seen several companies that advertise prices of $10 or less per month ... but are they any good? Two in particular that look good on paper are AllVantage and PeoplePC Online -- does anyone know anything about either of these, or have any other recommendations?

Many thanks!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Wakefield

I've used 10 over the past 5 years. My current recommendation is Hawk Communications. $6.95/month. Been with them for 2 years.

Reply to
Mountain Mike^^