Questions for the Australians in the group

Hello there in OZ, I live in the States, I have a 220 V tig welder (Lincoln Square Wave

355). I am moving to Perth and I want to know if I can take this welder with me. The company I work for is paying for the removal services so it is a question of whether the welder will work and not if it will be too expensive. The welder has a pulser, pre and post flow settings so I am interested in knowing if these will work, especially the pulser. I also have 3 big tanks, one for Argon one for Oxigen and the third for Acetylene. Can I take these with me? Will the gas providers accept them? Any help on this or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Rodrigo
Reply to
Rozamo

Hmmm.

First to the welder. I think your 220 V welder will be three phase? Does it have a plug with 4 pins (3 + earth) instead of 3 pins (2 + earth)? If so, it won't work here. A three phase power outlet in Australia will give you 415 volts.

RE your tanks, I don't do any gas welding or work so I'll leave it to others to respond... but my understanding is that you have to rent 'em over here.

You'll enjoy Perth. It's a stunner of a city (but fairly isolated from the rest of the country).

Cheers Glenn (Canberra)

Reply to
Glenn