Ranger 9?

Bottom feeder machine tool swapper/trader buddy of mine called me to day from Texas. Said he had a welder for me. He is Mexican, runs machine tools into Mexico. I find him Stuff, he runs it south to machiadoras down there, makes a couple bucks here and there, and he is pretty good about "remembering me at Christmas", finding the odd thingy or bit of Stuff, (something Ive been looking for, and giving it to me free or really really cheap in return for passing machines his way.

He claims to have made what sounds like a 5 way swap and part of the deal(s) was a Lincoln Ranger 9, in what he says is VERY clean condition. Said he started it up and it ran fine. Didnt have any leads, and he knows shit about welding anyways. Claims it has 1750 hours on the Hobbs meter.

Ive got a minty 14" MicroView comparitor, with a 2 axis DRO he wants to swap for the welder. I dont need yet another comparitor, let along a big floor model, so if the welder is ok, will likely swap him for it. I dont have dick in it..so it would be a win win.

Anyone know anything about the Ranger 9 machines? No idea what motor it has in it...probably wont see it til later in the week, when he gets back to California. Thought Id ask opinons..get my ducks in a row so to better skin him out of it

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: