Re: MIG gas question

Normally you don't set a pressure. You set a flow instead and 20 to 25 CFH (Cubic Feet per Hour) is usually a good value.

What pressure of 25/75 gas should I be using, I get alot of spatter
Reply to
Keith Marshall

At school we run most MIGs at 25-30 CFH of C25. If you have a shop with absolutely no drafts or wind currents, you could drop that a little.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Just because a flow gage looks like a pressure gage & reacts to pressure changes does not make it a pressure gage because it indicates flow in cubic feet per hour through a given size orifice down stream of flow gage. Read the fine print on the gage.

Reply to
R. Duncan