Re: New HTP product

Been a long time lurker on this group, a lot of knowledge and experience.

> I have been welding for a living since 91, wanting to set up my own > shop at home. Due to power issues and portability I am leaning toward > the inverters. > Spoke to a rep at HTP about my needs, mig, tig and stick. > Later this year they are going to be offering a combo unit for around > $1300.00 > Heres the link from the > manufacturer: >
> Can any of you experts decipher the stats on that thing and give your > opinion? > > Thanks in advance, > Driftpin >

Very interesting. Now that is the ultimate hobbiest machine. I was wondering when CC/CV inverters would move downscale from the 400 amp versions that Miller, Lincoln and Thermal Arc have been selling for years.

Not bad specs.

40% duty cycle at 160 amps. 100% duty cycle at 110 amps.

It has a built in wire feeder, and can use a spoolgun.

What it doesn't say is if it also has AC TIG output, or a pulser. I doubt it does. But this looks pretty cool anyway.

At $1300 that is quite a deal.

Basically a baby version of Lincoln's Powermig 300 without all the fancy pulse-on-pulse stuff.

Hopefully it will kick Miller in the ass, and get them to make a better version. If they could just add CV output to the Dynasty 200DX they would already be there.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

There are other players in the baby powermig arena:

mig, pulse-on-pulse mig,tig,stick and all with a self-contained feeder.

-dseman

Reply to
dseman

I don't think that this is a power supply. It simply acts as a wire feeder and control panel for a seperate power supply.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I think it's be done guys.Although not much of a feeder.You have to stick with a ten foot gun lead.

scott

Ah yes, but that is an ESAB product, so it doesn't really count. ;-)

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Once again it is more of an inverter based baby Mig with basic DC only TIG/Stick features. Looks interesting though. I wonder if Lincoln will decide to import it.

Ah , so they have finally improved the 200 so it can use 110 volt input power, and call it the 202. I really wonder if Lincoln will decide to upgrade to that one. The Lincoln Invertec 205 is really the Selco Genesis 200.

So when is one of these inverter geniuses going to figure out how to get Constant Current , Constant Voltage, DC and AC out of the same box?

There is still only one welding machine made in the world that does CC/CV and AC/DC and that is the Miller Shopmaster 300, but it is a big transformer based machine that only gets bought by schools.

An inverter version in the 200 amp range would be the ultimate home shop machine.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Ernie,tell that to Rock that runs the Hobart site,he has used one,plus his brother own one.He said he didn't notice anything wrong with it's arc.It's got a crummy drive roll setup,but if you keep the short gun it works.Kind of like a older mm 185.

Reply to
scott

I had same reaction when I first saw the 110volt input specs. It might just be 110 version of the welder not one welder that can have 110V or

220V input. Bet Lincoln is pushing for dual input voltage welder to competitive with Miller.
Reply to
R. Duncan

In message , Ernie Leimkuhler writes

Surely these have been available for years in the UK.We sell Kemppi equipment at350 & 500 amps that can do ac/dc tig and mma and provide the power for mig,sinurgic mig and pulsed mig.Also a great power source for arc-air gouging.

Reply to
Gwyn Phillips

Yes but I was referring to small machines in the 200 amp range.

All in one machines are especially well suited to hobbiests and small fabricators with limited budgets and space.

For that matter throw a damn plasma cutter in there too.

Hell Panasonic figured out how to add one to their Gunslinger 260 MIG. What can't they add one to a TIG machine?

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler