Rebar rod

6010 or 7018. Going to use on 1/2 and 3/4 rod for garden forms, and to hold up slabs of rocks for water features. Outdoors 24/7 unpainted and exposed directly to nature.

Configuration of joints, too. Would a 1" weld on two sides be sufficient?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I think that 7018 wins on both appearance as well as strength (if strength matters at all). If strength is not essential (the rocks that you mention are small) I would just use 6013 for ease of use. 6013 is super easy to use with rebar.

Ignoramus17181

Granite pieces are sink cut outs from 3/4" slabs. Currently twelve pieces for this one, and I still have to figure out how to build this and be able to absolutely level every piece. Think I'll weld on nuts, and then use 2" threaded carriage bolts to level. Overall, the whole thing will be heavy, have some hefty leverage, and will have to be built in place.

On the upside, though, almost everything's going to be free.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB