Reversing drill press

How hard would it be to make my floor model 1hp drill press run in reverse.

There are times I have needed to back out of something ..

thanks mike

Reply to
Mike_in_SD

It's pretty easy to reverse most single phase AC motors. See:

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Simplest way is to use the large pulley as a hand wheel and turn it the few turns you need to back out the bit. Unplug the press for your own safety.

Grant Erw> Mike_>

Reply to
Robert Ball

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Robert Ball) wrote in :

grin ... that would work ..

thanks mike

Reply to
Mike_in_SD

Some of my best friends are missing fingers. Gives em Character.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

It is your supervisor that pulls me off one machine, puts me on another.

So, I am putting out parts, then finish up the load.

This machine had 2 motors, grinding wheels.

I forgot to turn off one motor.

I was very lucky as the cut was just below the skin of my middle finger. No muscle damage.

I have know a few other employees that had their fingers or parts of, whacked completely.

xman

Reply to
xmradio