SK Food in Lemoore, Ca.

Here is a link as I promised, to some pics of SK Food job in Lemoore, CA. this past year I was on.

Jess

Being that the customer is "SK Food", I presume some kind of edible product flows through those pipes. Did you have to use a special "food safe" filler rod?

Also, did you make or buy those tripods in the first picture?

Reply to
AL

Hi,

We use no filler rod and yes it is a tomato processing plant. Just about all of the stainless on these jobs are up to about .135 wall which is well within the range of my Maxstar 200 to just pulse weld the seam. We prep the ends flat and square and fuse the joint with the appropriate purge. The tripods as you called them are jack stands, and are available at most every welding supply house. Here in Bakersfield, CA you can get them for around

100.00 or so, don't quote me. The fixed leg, as in not collapsible, are about 70.00........That was a picture of Ron, a fellow welder I worked with.
Reply to
Jess