Orbital Tube Welding

Hi, I'm looking for information on tube to tube orbital welding heads for

1" and 1.5" diameter .065" wall s/s tube. Will I be looking at a complete system or is there a unit available that can be configured use an existing power source "SYNCROWAVE 250"? Any sources, information or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave
Reply to
dave m

Try this one.......

I used the model 15 on a 8" ss pipeline in Cabazon for Arrowhead/Perrier. Company I work for also bought smaller ones like you are asking about but I haven't been involved in those.......YET. They have most anything you could want. They even sent a rep to our yard for 2 weeks teaching about programming their unit, etc. Awesome deal this orbital welding.

Reply to
jessp

tell us more

what kind of prep is involved to the piping

how critical is joint fit up

what does the inside of the pipe look like after welding?

thanks

someone with a lot of 4 and 3 inch vacuum piping top install in a short time

Reply to
williamhenry

This job required a 100% fusion weld, 1 pass, no filler rod. We cut all ends square with a George Fischer saw, especially for ss in our application. Can't remember exactly what we used to wipe the ends, some type alcohol or something ..........anyway. We used a flapper wheel on a die grinder to clean both inside and outside. The fit up was made with a special clamp to dial out as much mismatch as our helpers could. Tacked up with a Maxstar

140STR in 4 places. Orbital ring was attached, machine was attached and programmed to start. The program for this piping was put into place in our shop in Bakersfield, CA. after running alot of test coupons. Hit the start button and let er rip. Even though pipe was square cut, you could see inside with the aid of a dark lense or welding hood and you could actually see the pipe fusing inside. Of course we had a 42' piece of 1/4" ss pipe with a purge plug on the inside and purged.

You can find the pics at

and look through them. Remember this was of the 8" ss underground pipeline we did not of the smaller piping of which you asked originally.

Reply to
jessp