Smoker/barbeque project

Hi,

I'm looking for a smoker/barbeque pattern. Anyone have any ideas where to find one? This is for a family project.

Thanks,

Rondi

Reply to
Dee

Try this link, it is a good write up on a large smoker. I have used many of the ideas for a smoker for my son, soon to be tested.

Von Pearsall

I just happen to find:

jerry_tig2003

Should be able to get an idea here.....

jessp

If you are any good at doing "knock-off" of other peoples' work, I would highly recommend going here...

out of Houston. The designs WORK for a reason. Just remember the end product is something you eat, and not just a pretty chunk of metal in your yard. I have a really nice looking chunk of metal. The design flaw it has is that the ventilation starts too low in the pit. The resins from the smoke deposit on the meat and can leave a nasty taste. And, theoretically, that is also where all the carcinogens are as well. Scott

Reply to
Scott

So cut some new holes higher up, and fill in the old holes. Do it ugly if you think it will help the flavor any ;-)

Reply to
Ecnerwal

I intend to as soon as I can get around to it.

theoretically,

Reply to
Scott

Also use less hickory.

Doc

Reply to
drdoody

Given that this question crops up with certain regularity, I have wished that someone would write a treatise on the elements of b-b-q smoker design along with sets of plans. Maybe someday.

Ciao, David Todtman

Reply to
David Todtman

David Todtman wrote: : Given that this question crops up with certain regularity, I have wished : that someone would write a treatise on the elements of b-b-q smoker design : along with sets of plans. Maybe someday. --Step one: when (if?) Spring ever comes back take your camera out to the festivals and start snapping photos of the portable BBQ rigs. Best to base your design on what's worked for others... :-)

Reply to
steamer