Socket on a stick

Yep - mine is a red handle 1/2" in diameter to a flip/flop head that is a C type with teeth within. A thin cross bar is through the end for leverage. I've had mine for years - used it twice so far. Have flaring tools and pipe wrenches. I try to fix most anything around the place myself. I'll get and expert when needed - e.g. sink disposer that needed power that wasn't there.

I've replaced furnaces and all sorts about houses and shops. I slowly build skills through the years.

I have a metal and wood lathe, metal and wood bandsaw, mill, drill press welders and plasma... two surface grinders and home made 3-phase.

I had an electric hand drill (drill motor in those days) at the age of 5.

Mart> "Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:hl83g8$3kb$1

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Also for the Stainless Steel compression fittings by Swagelock, which suggests a higher torque than you are apparently expecting.

But I have one picked up at a tool flea market. A pity that it only covers two sizes.

That is correct -- with levers guiding their path so they don't get lost.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The O2 sensor wrench is basically a socket with a slot up the side for the wires . And I made my SPROCKET nut wrench for the Harley too , same way you did - and it also fits Shovelhead and TC sprocket/pulley nuts . And I really wish I had a set of tubing fitting wrenchs ...

Reply to
Snag

Ooh, thanks for the idea Steve! I might just have to consider this!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

A- HA! I knew there had to be a "proper" tool to solve this problem, but I came up with my solution before I had a chance to post the question over at terrylove's forum.

Besides, I'm a sucker for any excuse to do some welding.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Aye, it had to attach the lines up in a four inch deep recess underneath a wall hanging sink:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Hey thanks Leo, I appreciate that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I wasn't aware of such a tool at the time I made mine, which led to me making it myself. It was pretty tight up in there, but if all I had was a basin wrench I imagine I'd have found a way to get it to work.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

"Jon Danniken" I wasn't aware of such a tool at the time I made mine, which led to me

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sometimes doing things the way you know beats doing the research and finding a "better" way.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I think we do that because we can! I've made DIN plug shell to fix my son's music machine...

Would have gone to a repair guy or part from Germany - wasn't a US standard DIN, it was a little fancy.

Someone had stepped on the original one.

Mart> Bob La L>> Nice, I've got a few custom by chop saw and welder sockets myself. So a

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I have a set of crowfoot ratcheting tubing wrenchs for many years. I don't remember the manufacturer but they were of high quality and took a lot of torque. Another way around the problem of reaching a buried fitting is to get a regular tubing wrench and bend it to the proper angle to reach the nut. I have a bunch of these special application tools that I made. The ones that I use most today are the long extention allen wrenches, longer than the ones you can buy and more side clearance than a socket set of allen wrenches.

John

Reply to
john

Joseph Gwinn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com:

Something I would have killed for as a yout'.

Reply to
Sano

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

An older buddy has let me use his back garage for the last few months. As I've weatherproofed and generally, cleaned it up, I found five of those flippin' wrenches. Sheez

Reply to
Sano

"Sano" wrote: Something I would have killed for as a yout'. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What's a yout'?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Didn't you see 'My Cousin Vinny'?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
´x?uAOÂ@?ïû+?½¨?ÑV¢IA?E¹?lèØnÜîàv+?¤ÅÁI&??ïÍKf?X?m®Éâv?5yOÖbï9???Y/ $ÄHW(´ëØthfG~追?ÃDiÇíÔíAqA!7.Ã#ö\Ù¹þ"|k)Å;{è5WANRßÎ?k?ë Ræ¿ù3??N?ÃJ"Èe?«Ò8¼çê39+Þ.`Jä??Wb.?ê÷!??h_b?
Reply to
Snag

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote: Didn't you see 'My Cousin Vinny'? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes. How do you think I was able to quote that line? :-)

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Local dialect (somewhere) for "youth". :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yes, since 1992.