steel question

I'm trying to design a new product that requires the type of steel
like you would find in a pop up tent or the sun screen that you put in
your car....the type that roll up in a circle...its some type of
spring steel but I dont know what type. any ideals?
thanks for your time.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Usually that is fiberglass or Graphite fiber composite tube or rod. Very springy.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
A good place to look is McMaster Carr. If it's out there, odds are they have it. Don't always have the best prices, but you can get it all next day.
formatting link
Scroll down to the very bottom, "Springs" under the "Raw Materials and Springs" heading.
Reply to
Rich Jones

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.