TIG brazing

Yesterday I tried TIG brazing a brass(?) ball valve housing. I tried it with both aluminum bronze and Everdur filler. As soon as I got the brass starting to melt, it would spit and sputter. I got a rather unsatisfactory joint but ... . Suggestions?

I don't think I was using excessive heat since the problems started just as the brass was starting to melt.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Eastburn

Never tried TIG brazing but the brass should never get hot enough to melt. What you are talking about though is typical of what happens when you melt brazz.

Ive brazed using a carbon before, can it be done with a Tig machine.??

Reply to
Jimmy

Stick with Silicon bronze filler. It deals with TIG very well.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler