Welding tech/vocational schools in/near Louisville???

I just moved to the Louisville area (LaGrange, KY) and want to attend some welding classes. I can't seem to figure out where to start when looking for high schools or vocational schools that hold classes for adults. I've checked the Yellow Pages, but no luck.

There is Knight School of Welding, but it is very expensive.

Anyone in the area know of a place or need a shop assistant? I'll gladly do menial labour in exchange for learning.

rvb

Reply to
Rick Barter

I live south of you in E-Town and am told that the community college program is OK.

There are 5 campuses in the Louisville area.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

Thanks, Shawn. I'll make some phone calls. Also, for anyone else monitoring this thread, I found some other interesting information from the AWS web site. Using the welding school locator

I found a school right down the road from me. I don't know how current the data is, but I'll be calling them today also.

I forgot all about the AWS school locator.

rvb

Reply to
Rick Barter

Cool link, thanks for that!