Comparing schools

I am not a locksmith, but I have enjoyed reading the posts in this newsgroup for many months. There are many interesting and participating professionals who help people with their questions. I am considering pursuing locksmithing as a hobby. I have been considering two different schools to help me learn the basics. My choices are Foley-Belsaw or Assured Locksmith training. I realize that there is no substitute for OJT but at this point I really only have a fascination with the trade. I would appreciate any input regarding these two schools so I can be sure I will receive the proper training. Thanks! Louis

Reply to
Louis Williams

Louis,

You should consider taking a hands-on class. Here's a school that has a good program. Quite a few government folks attend classes here to learn the basics.

Matthew