Comparing schools

I am not a locksmith, but I have enjoyed reading the posts in this newsgroup
for many months. There are many interesting and participating professionals
who help people with their questions. I am considering pursuing locksmithing
as a hobby. I have been considering two different schools to help me learn
the basics. My choices are Foley-Belsaw or Assured Locksmith training. I
realize that there is no substitute for OJT but at this point I really only
have a fascination with the trade. I would appreciate any input regarding
these two schools so I can be sure I will receive the proper training.
Thanks!
Louis
Reply to
Louis Williams
Louis,
You should consider taking a hands-on class. Here's a school that has a good program. Quite a few government folks attend classes here to learn the basics.

> I am not a locksmith, but I have enjoyed reading the posts in this newsgroup > for many months. There are many interesting and participating professionals > who help people with their questions. I am considering pursuing locksmithing > as a hobby. I have been considering two different schools to help me learn > the basics. My choices are Foley-Belsaw or Assured Locksmith training. I > realize that there is no substitute for OJT but at this point I really only > have a fascination with the trade. I would appreciate any input regarding > these two schools so I can be sure I will receive the proper training. > Thanks! > Louis
Reply to
Matthew

Site Timeline