Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ah, some welding
Started on some long delayed projects yesterday. The weather is getting nice enough to go outside. A little shaky, but like riding a bike, it comes back quickly. I can actually still weld uphill. Got...
7
7

Rotary hammer advice
Trying to drill a large diameter hole in a cement stoop using a cheap hammer drill; taking forever. I need a good rotary hammer. The mid line Hilti is abourt $650, while equivalent Bosch and...
12
12

GMAW-Pulse, or Pulsing with Frustration
Howdy, All! Anyone have any good rules of thumb to follow for pulsed mig? I've got to requalify on it. It's one of those qualifications (quals) that I got several years ago and never once used. Here's...
2
2

Color coded rods?
Ive a 5lb coffee can filled with 3/32 rod that is only marked with a tiny dab of lavender/purple paint on the bare rod holder end. Its a very light cream colored electrode coating Anyone have a clue...
2
2

Need help with setting for a Regency 200 with spoolmatic 3
I just picked this up at an auction, downloaded the manuals from Miller and nothing in there on settings. For running 5/64" diameter 4043 wire where should start? I have an Airco Dip-Pak 250 but I...
1
1

Is this a good welder deal?
Millermatic 250 with 50' cord and spool gun for $1000. 'm still hunting a Syncrowave 250 but the Millermatic 250 MIG with spool gun is sure tempting. RogerN...
4
4

7016 DCEN 5G root - photos - advice
Hi all - done this page with photos of my efforts advice you can give to get me onward from this stage? Particularly struggling with starting on the lowest sector - at the "5-30" / "6-30" position....
17
17

Nickle-free cast iron rod Q
I have a pack of Nickle-free cast iron electrodes that I picked up some place in the distant past and never had a need for until now. I have an old vise whose base is missing a hold down flange on one...
1
1

Antique Short Hood Lincoln SA200 welders.
Some years ago, I bough a really old short hood Lincoln SA200 welder. It might be as old as a '48 model. Before I bought it, it sat, probably for decades. I actually got it running, although not...
1
1

TIG Aluminum Butt Weld Question
I'm practicing with my TIG on aluminum and trying to make nice looking welds. On Butt welding aluminum, it seems to melt away the aluminum instead of flowing together. I usually end up cramming some...
10
10

Thanks Guys
I was assembling a box yesterday. One for a coolant oil catch pan on my mini milling machine. I had a friend with a 9' brake bend the .100 aluminum for me, and I welded it up. While its not up to you...
4
4

g2 certification
greetings, i will be tested for a g2 certification and i am a bit rusty on my horizontal techingue any tips thanks, cj
1
1

broken gear tooth
Hi, I just bought a metal lathe (South Bend) and it has a broken tooth on one of the main drive gears I believe it is cast steel. Can I build it up with my TIG ? What kind of filler? Yes I know that...
4
4

Container floor anchors
I have two containers with oak (?) flooring. I have a roll around router table, and a small table saw that I'd like to mount to the floor, but be able to unmount it quickly. Where can I find some type...
5
5

175+ update
Went out and fiddled with it a little last night. Seems like I had the squeeze roller pretty tight. I loosened it all the way, then held the trigger at a low wire speed, and tightened the wing nut...
4
4