Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How did you choose your CADCAM?
Awl -- I know the big shops use the big-ticket items, and some of you may not have had a choice. But for the smaller guys that did pro-actively choose -- and I'm presuming that would be the...
7
7

Fanuc 18i
we have a fanuc 18i control on our during the initialization cycle it is getting stuck. the seven segment display on the unit shows "3" can any body help?????????

Circuit breakers vs. contactor heaters
Awl -- Does it make a big diff if I retire my various motor starters, and just use plain ole toggle switches protected with circuit breakers? Seems to me they do pretty much the same thing. Too much...
5
5

Generator redux.... Ping Sam
Awl -- Some delightful surprises with the 7,000 W Black Max (Sam's club), and the Fadal -- stable like a rock!!!! As was my PC a few days earlier. The only thing that knocked out the Fadal was a...
2
2

My backup generator solution....
Awl -- Well, I finally took the plunge, and sprung for a generator, a bit contrary to my initial intentions. After that halloween snow debacle, where millions were without power for weeks, I was dead...
11
11

Operation Manual Needed
Hello All, I am on the hunt for a Mitsubishi Meldas 50L operation manual for a Daewoo Lynx 200 lathe. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
1
1

Setup Sheets
Mastercam's setup sheets suck so bad I use an add-in called X+ I think this better than X+ for Mastercam and is how setup sheets should work: From template models, many different documents are at the...

New CADCAM Technology Leaders Group On LinkedIn
Thought you hated moderated groups. Tom
6
6

CNC & Robotics Parts Garage Sale
I will be having an awesome garage sale in Temecula, CA on July 27th and July 28th (8am-2pm), selling tons of CNC and robotics equipment (linear rails/bearings, ballscrews, servo and stepper motors...
1
1

Excellent Overview Of NX CAM
Learn how to create a manufacturing setup in NX CAM that includes part geometry ready for machining, collision-free workpiece holding, and how to use it in shop documentation: • Prepare part...

Beware Fanuc, memory problem
I had an Error 101, clear memory. So I did as in the book... power up while holding delete key. It not only cleared all my programs it also cleared out the protected 9000 series programs for the tool...
2
2

The CAD Multi-Core Processor Problem
Very shortly 12, 24, and 48-core processors will be common place. Most CAD systems can only use 1 core. I cover this issue extensively on the CADCAM Technology Leaders blog.

Survey says ???
Is it better to work 2nd shift starting at 3 in the afternoon ,four days a week, or three 12 hour shifts during daylight on the weekend?
5
5

PING: Bottle Bob. You're famous!!
Lifted from an article in Hot Rod, July 2012 issue: an interview with Larry Dixon HRM: When was the last time you lined up with someone who truly intimidated you? LD: Wow! You'd have to go back to...
24
24

which resume blaster is better for CNC Engineers
..............................................................etc..........= .......................... After a recommendation to search for "executive recruiter service" or "allexecutivejobs" I found...
1
1