Allis-Chalmers FP20 forklift from 1960s?

Hello, I've recently added a forklift to my home shop but can't find out anything about it. I'm guessing it is from the mid to late 1960s. Allis-Chalmers FP20 approx 2000+lb capacity with pneumatic tires. Very sweet machine fitted with 4-cyl Waukesha engine and "power shift" automatic. I've posted a pic of it at

for those interested in vintage material handling equipment. No, it's not for sale. I'd like to find a shop manual and anything pertaining to date of manufacture on this little beauty. Any and all leads, links, etc greatly appreciated. Master cylinder/brakes rebuild and new seal for the first stage of the mast need immediate attention. Health and Peace, Al

Reply to
Honest A Babin

Hello, I've recently added a forklift to my home shop but can't find out anything about it. I'm guessing it is from the mid to late 1960s. Allis-Chalmers FP20 approx 2000+lb capacity with pneumatic tires. Very sweet machine fitted with 4-cyl Waukesha engine and "power shift" automatic. I've posted a pic of it at

for those interested in vintage material handling equipment. No, it's not for sale. I'd like to find a shop manual and anything pertaining to date of manufacture on this little beauty. Any and all leads, links, etc greatly appreciated. Master cylinder/brakes rebuild and new seal for the first stage of the mast need immediate attention. Health and Peace, Al

Reply to
Honest A Babin

What model is the engine?

Reply to
buffalo

snipped-for-privacy@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

Buffalo: I believe the engine is an FC. Thanks very much, Al

Reply to
Honest A Babin

It has to have some numbers ahead of the 'fc'.

Buffalo: I believe the engine is an FC. Thanks very much, Al

Reply to
buffalo

Buffalo: Very hard to make out the engine nameplate in the cramped confines of the engine compartment. FC is the model of the engine best I can tell. I can fly you out here if you wish to delve deeper into the mysteries of the engine. Please bring a small animal carrier since you no doubt will fall in love with one of the many adorable kittens frollicking about these premises. (^: My immediate concern is the mechanical workings of the forklift itself such as the hydraulics and brakes as well as pinning down some Allis-Chalmers history. Sadly, Waukesha admits their records from that era are lacking. Health and Peace, Al

Reply to
Honest A Babin

When Allis Chalmers broke apart, Kalmar AC got the U.S. fork lift truck business. Spare parts for the old Allis fork-lifts can be purchased from Kalmar AC; actually they want you to go through a local distributor, but they'll tell you who is close. Fax: 770-385-4838 Phone: 800-311-8452

They will also sell you the various manuals that apply to your machine. They need the serial number off the engine; they are slightly stimied without it.

For military-version manuals for lots of different kinds of fork lift trucks, ebay user: melanie-197373 sells a CD compilation that has many of the F series manuals. Probably won't be an absolute match to what you've got, but it's much less expensive than the actual manual set.

Another guy who reads this list, but whose name I can't bring to mind, also sells a very good CD compilation of military fork lift manuals. He also sells compilations of other military manuals, including some very interesting stuff, and doesn't charge very much for them. He does a good job of putting together the .PDF links and so forth...makes the manuals easy to use. If I can think of his name, I'll post it. He's from somewhere in the Deep South, right on the gulf coast; Mississippi, maybe? Nice guy, too. I'll think of his name in a bit.

Dave

Reply to
LowEnergyParticle

Better watch that 'nice guy' stuff. Too many may disagree. I sell the CDs at a discount to newsgroup readers, still just $5 including postage.

By the way, thanks for the kind words.

Just in case the sig line doesn't come through, my site is:

Ron Thompson

I need a manual or tune up data on a Baker/Linde BL-30 propane forklift.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner

My list has various 20 and 40 series, but no 30s. And there are no BLs either. I doubt if any of these are even close.

Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

My hobby pages are here:

Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

The member map is here:

Ron Thompson

Sorry..typo. Its a Baker/Linde PL-30. Hydrostatic drive, soft tires,

3000lb cap. West German manufacture with a water cooled VW 4 banger under the seat. What I really need is the data on how to tweak the Impco propane evaporator and carboration system. Plus it has an electronic throttle system with a "box" under the dash that controls the solenoid operated throttle linkage. Has some trimmer pots that I can sorta figure out what Most do..but not all.

I have an issue, when I first start it up, it runs for about 30-60 seconds..then simply dies. I have to wait 5 minutes, restart it again while holding the throttle full open by hand, then release and let it warm up. I may have to do this a couple times before it will keeps running. Then its good for the rest of the day. Seems to be really cold blooded, or the evaporator is letting a slug of liquid propane through..

Originally owned by the City of Los Angeles, had very low time on the clock. Someone took off the side shift hoses, and I need to get 2 16' hydraulic hoses sooner or later.

However..its been a real lifesaver. If I didnt have it..Id probably have had a heart attack by now moving Stuff like I used to, by hand and on a pallet jack in the dirt.

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner

They're in Santa Ana, 714-land - I think you can find your way down there... They probably made the electronic modules you are fighting with.

When all else fails, RTFM - and they should have them.

Thank Me. ;-P

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

No shit? Their new address is around the corner from one of my regular customers. Very way cool

Thank you Bruce Sir!

Gunner

Gunner

De nada. ;-) Google pulls off miracles every day - But you have to figure out how to ask the question to get the answer you need...

Rule: Why build a complicated thing like an engine control module from scratch when you can buy it from a controls company all pre-made and debugged. You (Baker-Linde) are in the business of building forklifts, not electronics. You gave me the clue, and Gee! - Impco sells complete fuel management and engine control systems...

Stewart-Warner and VDO (to name a few) sell a LOT more complete instrument panel modules out the back door OEM to car makers than they do out the front door as separate instruments for custom & industrial uses.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman