Boxford shaper jammed vertical slide "Help"

I aquired a Boxford shaper,and on inspection I found that both the horizontal and vertical slides were jammed up. I removed the mechanism on the drive end and managed to release the horizontal slide ,it works fine now. the problem is the vertical slide, it won't budge. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated

Reply to
awkgreen

See:

If it similar to yours, there's a picture (halfway down the page) of the set screws and locking nuts that adjust the gibs on the vertical slide. If you remove those screws, you may be able to remove the gibs and free the carriage.

Reply to
Denis G.