Cheap To A Good Home

My son brought home an old Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder because the shop he worked at said it was to old and ugly to waste any time or money on getting it running again.

To make a long story short the old flat head Continental engine runs like a watch at a nice slow steady 1800 RPM and as a bonus it welds great. The trailer isn't in very good shape and it needs a new tire and rim.

It can be seen 60 miles outside Toronto Canada.

Anyone interested can contact me at snipped-for-privacy@golden.net

Reply to
Jimbo

Damn..thats a ways from California..right?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

It ain't far from Mike Graham though.

Reply to
andy asberry

Wasn't Miss Jaime taking welding classes?

Miller Big 20 300 Amp portable welder = whale bait.

I'd ask for pictures, but, you know...... LMAO Ron

Reply to
RKurtz

Hey Gunner,

NAW! A straight 48 hour drive. Done it myself.

Why, you really interested? Only 3 hours from Detroit if you ever come "home" for a visit.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Brian,

What about Mike. Haven't "seen" him here lately. I still regret missing Mike and yourself at NAMES this year.

Reply to
Bob Swinney

Ms. Jamie now there's a name from the past. Wonder if Mike and her are back together again?

Reply to
Jimbo

Id love to have the beasty..but I really dont have much use for it. If I need that much amperage, I go down to the stop n rob, buy a case of Bud, and go find an oil field welder. Works pretty good too if I need a hydrocrane to move a machine tool.

When I put up my flag pole, I scrounged around for the pipe, and when the word got out I was putting up a flag pole, with a US and MIA flag, the pipe mysteriously showed up, as did a couple bags of sacked concrete and a welder I only knew on sight happened by to weld every thing up. A quick call by the welder got a hydrocrane to raise it. I bought some tri-tip and fed everybody, but no one wanted any money. Odd how that happens in Small Town USA.

Gunner

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Hey Bob,

Dunknow. Somebody else said he (Mike) started to hang out on another usenet group, but I don't recall which. Or I seem to recall something on the news recently about a great effort by someone trying to save a beached whale in some warmer climate, so......... maybe??

And I don't recall that I saw him, or Speff, at NAMES in 2003, but I did in 2002. They may well have been there though. My legs/knees are getting so bad that working doing NAMES setup from Wednesday thru Friday is about all I can take and still be ambulatory, so I left for lunch about noonish Saturday and didn't get back. I never saw even one of the lecture/demos either. Besides, by Saturday morning, I've blown my allowance there, and to stay longer and not buy gives me even more pain!!

I recall meeting you at Scotts's Friday night supper in 2002 though (or was it 2001?) . But there are so many now at the table that it's impossible to get in any good discussion with more than the 4 or 5 people seated closest to you. Maybe we'll do a food fight next time, or musical chairs, to get everybody up and moving.

I don't know what will happen with me for 2004, as I now live a little over 2 hours away form the site, which makes it almost an hour-and-a-half further than in the past, so I wouldn't want to drive back and forth for the 5 days. But I do like to help, so we'll see, and maybe get a room.

Take care.

Brian Laws>Brian,

Reply to
Brian Lawson

*Razzes Gunner and Roy* Wisconsin is much closer!

Meh, still too far. *sob* Although... only 500 miles.

Tim

-- "That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson Website @

Tim Williams

I had a conflict with something or other at the time and didn't make it. I'm pretty sure Mike said he drove down really early for the day. Missed going, for the first time in about 5 years. I probably should have made the time and bummed a ride down with him. There were some photos shown at the September TSME meeting. I have not joined that group, but probably will- it's not all steam engines (NTTAWWT).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I saw Mike there as I was about to leave (first time I met him). He hasn't spent much time here since the merciless ribbing he took on account of "Miss Jaime". Whew, that was a lesson. Don't let your significant other know where you hang out on the net.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Chit Tim, thats a single day road trip. Go for it!!

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Would that be in Kitchener? Perhaps was sitting over on Madison Ave? How much is CHEAP????

Reply to
clare

Hey Speff,

"(NTTAWWT)" ???? What was that you just called me mister?!?!

Brian XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hey Speff,

Thanks. I just couldn't figure it out, and couldn't remember where I stored the link to the mnemonics-on-the-web list.

Take care.

Brian.

ps...... Mike still hasn't jumped >>

Reply to