Pantograph Engraver and Font set Questions

Threaded View
I just purchased a Scott SM 500 without engraver fonts. I would like to
know if I can use other brand font sets in it. I seem to find alot of
New Hermes fonts on ebay but no Scott.

Thanks

Re: Pantograph Engraver and Font set Questions

Just make sure you get a holder for the letters.

--
             John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Most of the commercial fonts are interchangeable.
But in the worst case, you would just need to make or buy a type holder
for the oddball size font.
Scott, on their website, claims their fonts will fit other machines-
why dont you call or email them,and ask them whether Hermes or Gorton
fonts will fit their machine?

http://www.scottmachine.com

Re: Pantograph Engraver and Font set Questions
The important part of any fonts are the fonts themselves.  The letters can
be held by any system that works.  Most of the fonts that I've seen are held
in a dovetailed base where you slide the letters in and hold them in place
with a stop or other such thing and that works just fine.

--
Why do penguins walk so  far to get to their nesting grounds?

Site Timeline