Embed font?

Is it possible to "embed" a font in a drawing, so that people without that font can see the drawing as it is supposed to be, and so that people with
the same named font see it as I intend? (I have altered the font appearance a bit in a font editor). I know you can send the font with the file, but people are, naturally, reluctant to install files they know nothing about, or to overwrite their existing files. I know you can do it in MS Office files, but AutoCAD?
Thanks.
No. ___

To add to Pauls answer, use Pack-n-Go or Etransmit (depending on the version of AutoCAD that you are using) to send the fonts with your drawings.
--

Chip Harper

So why not re-name the font ?, then they can exist side by side on your and their computer!
Think KISS
Cadalot