BASE command value ?

Is there a way to read and use the BASE command value? I'd like to use it to move items to 0,0,0 before redefining the BASE value to

0,0,0..

these blocks were written out of a large drawing and I'd like each file to be set with a common point at 0,0,0.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
CDT

I believe it's the INSBASE system variable.

Conny

"CDT" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Conny Klasson

Thank you.

Any idea as to how I could read that value in LISP or in a script and use it to move something?

thanks you again.

Reply to
CDT

(setq ipt (getvar "ISNBASE") opt (getpoint "\nOther point: ") ) (command ".MOVE" sset "" ipt opt)

Is that what you mean?

Reply to
TomD

I think so.

here's what I need to do:

process about 3000 drawing files.

read the INBASE value, move everything in the drawing file to 0,0,0.

basepoint of move being the INBASE value.

ex:

MOVE select objects: ALL

Specify base point or displacement: (use the INBASE value here, ex: 1500,500,0)

Specify second point of displacement or : 0,0,0

can this be done in a script?

Thank you very much,

Chris

Reply to
CDT

Yes. Anything you can do by typing keyboard commands can be done with a script. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Thanks Paul...

How could I read the INBASE value in a script for the following:

Specify base point or displacement: (use the INBASE value here, ex: 1500,500,0)

Thanks again

Reply to
CDT

(getvar "insbase") ___