Hi, I'm looking to have the Flywheel magneto re-energised for my Villiers 98cc 4

Hi, I'm looking to have the Flywheel magneto re-energised for my Villiers 98cc

4F but I am unable to find a servicing company here in the UK, any help would be much appreciated. Launceston. Cornwall.
Reply to
Chris Baverstock

Chris,

A bit of a distance from you but martin Percy snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com 73 Ridgeway Wellingborough NN8 4RY is somebody I use to repair my magneto's, he is very good and does a good job.

Martin P

"Chris Baverstock" wrote in message news:4d204$533f67db$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Reply to
campingstoveman

A couple of places to try

Don't know anything about them but they do a remagnetising service and

who have a good reputation in the two-stroke world.

John H

Reply to
John H

On outboard engines it was common to re-engise the magneto yourself ...

Remove spark plugs, find a suitable socket to fit the flywheel nut .... put this on short extension bar, put other end in electric drill and then spin flywheel for around 5 mins ... this would re-energise the magneto.

Not sure if it works on motorbikes - would expect technology is similar ... from same age.

Reply to
Rick Hughes