Engine spacer

Hi,

Am going to modify an HV Arcas for H flights but since it will be a one time deal to accomplish, I would like the capability to fly with smaller motors. Live 2 minutes away from a nice launch range. I am wondering what folks are using for spacers for the smaller engines. Does one just saw up a used 29mm engine casing and use that or is there a better solution.

Best regards, Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

That is the best item to use.

EF Virginia Beach VA

Reply to
E.F.

I don't use spacers, I just wrap masking tape around the end of the motor as a thrust ring. Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II

Kurt wrote:

Reply to
Christopher Brian Deem

I'm a spacer guy. Rings sliced from expended motors work well, and are free !.

And, I've been known to stuff an 18mm into an expended 24mm casing !

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

Aerotech uses spacers.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm not Aerotech. Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Christopher Brian Deem

God bless.

Jerry Irvine

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will have to go out and launch a motor of the appropriate size so I can get a spacer out of it. :) I still would have to mount an engine block for the spacer to abut against. I should have clarified my question as I realize the RMS motors have that flange that goes against the bottom of the engine tube. I would like to be able to use RMS and SU motors both and am just a little nervous about masking tape. Some of my ships, I see now, I didn't leave enough tube length for a good tape interface. I will compensate on future projects to safely try this out though. I do see that installing an engine block is tedious but I don't mind the work and the extra measuring it takes to get it to the appropriate distance. I did get one of the Aeropack quick change flanges and boy they are nice but a little pricey. Great quality though.