Cylinder spacer?

Hi:

I am in the process of replacing the cylinder of my store front door mortise lock. Here is a pic:

with the old cylinders. Thanks for all who help me disassembling it.

while I disassembled the old cylinders, there was a plastic spacer which has basically disintegrated.

I went to the locksmith and got two new cylinders, one keyed for outside and one thumbturn for the inside. Everything looks fine. I went back and put it on but there is still a lot of "play" and the cylinders can slide back and forth. So I went to the locksmith and bought two metal spacers. Put those on and there is still play.

I can make more turns to tighten the cylinder, but it seems once I go too far, it will no longer engage the lock to open/close so I have to back off a bit. Now I went back to the locksmith again this time he suggested a hard collar with a built in spacer so I am trying it but the collar is slightly bigger than the cylinder (the inner diameter of the collar is about 3/8" bigger than the outer diameter of the cylinder) so it's not a good fit. Now I spent $32.00 on the cylinders now I have already spent $16.00 for spacers.

Is there an online source for difference spacers with sizes and finishes?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

I would see if the locksmith will exchange the thin spacers he sold you for ones that are a bit thicker, probably an even swap.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf