Product announcement with gratuitous gun picture

Yhe sick and highly demented mind is the devils playground AND the source for a few wonderments in our lives......JUst ask Edward Teller.

Reply to
nitram578

At which point I let out a bloodcurdling cry... "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

;-)

Reply to
Malcolm Reynolds

Too bad Taiwan cant trust its citizens to own guns... we can only have those fake crap that shoots plastic beads. Wonder what are we gonna do when China decides to invade?

Reply to
tai fu

Be polite?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Become French?

Reply to
nitram578

Don't panic. I wouldn't use a brass brush on this gun. I was pulling felt pads through it with a Patch Worm. It takes a lot longer, but I actually enjoy cleaning guns and rocket motor casings. It brings back good memories.

Doug Pratt

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:

Reply to
pratthobbies

"tai fu" wrote in news:e8svt3$122$ snipped-for-privacy@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

BOHICA

(bend over,here it comes again)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Don't you have a sword? Seriously, just call "bring it on" George, he's all ways up for a fight, even when China is bankrolling it.

Reply to
Alan Jones

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why, you must be _really_ popular at launches! :-)

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

I seem to recall someone making a business out of cleaning motor casings for people, and I'd hate to step on their toes. That said, I wouldn't mind spending the day sitting in the shade at a launch, applying TLC to rocket parts with wet wipes and Super Lube. Keep the cold Diet Mountain Dew coming, and I'd be happy as a clam. Two clams. Half a dozen oysters, even.

Doug Pratt

Glen Overby wrote:

Reply to
pratthobbies

no because swords are illegal as well. Knives over 18 inches (I think) that are sharp is considered contraband.

But thats not to say you can buy a blunt sword and sharpen it yourself.... or even get a steel ruler and sharpen that...

Reply to
tai fu

Thanks - when I thought of a brass brush in a .22 barrel, well... it's kinda like fingernails scraping on my brain's chalkboard. (back before I 'knew better' I energetically scoured the barrel of my first .22 with a brass brush on a metal rod, and turned it from a good 50-yard squirrel gun into a good 10-yard squirrel gun).

Reply to
Malcolm Reynolds

you want to know bad gun cleaning practice? In the military we scrub the bore with all kind of crap, broken cleaning rods, and we can only use disel fuel to clean the bore... then later we started using military CLP, which is good stuff from what I heard. But I know one thing, lots of guns we had jams all the time, alot of stuck casing (which is a sure sign of bad headspace) and they dont even bother sending it in to get it looked at. I wish I had a headspace gauge but all I need is a field gauge cause I can bet all of them will close on a field gauge, unless its brand new.

We even have a few that blew up, I dont know why, must be bad headspace or something!

Reply to
tai fu

"tai fu" wrote in news:e8uer6$hml$ snipped-for-privacy@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu:

In that case,you could make your own guns;a guy was doing just that in Australia,selling them by the hundreds. Sten guns,full-auto,are not hard to make.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Why not something like an automatic dishwasher? Rack 'em up and run them thru a wash-rinse cycle. I wonder how automatic dishwasher detergent works on the motors?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

given my last trouble with guns in the USA (a country with a constitutional amendment that ALLOWS gun ownership) I would not want to find out what kind of penalty Taiwan imposes for illegally owning/making a gun. One guy said at least 5 years.

Reply to
tai fu

It would probably work just fine, especially with the hard anodizing on those lovely Rouse cases. Ha! I could get one of those display dishwashers they used to have at Sears with the clear plastic door so you could see them in action...

Jim Yanik wrote:

Reply to
pratthobbies

Maybe you can use firecrackers to scare them off.

No what will happen is the good ole ""Land of the free" my ass!" US of A will come and bail your asses out.

DSC

Reply to
stealthboogie