Help identifying an old Walthers Gas Electric

This past weekend, I was at an out-of-town NMRA divisional meet. I stopped at a hobby shop I had never visited before which seemed to do a good business in used items. I bought an old Walthers Gas-Electric kit. Many years ago, I assembled the Walthers C&NW gas electric and liked the result. This kit is in a typical (for the 70's) Walthers turquoise striped box and has an unusual end label that reads: "CHESAPEAKE AND OHIO GAS ELECTRIC CAR 9050-9055" with no typical Walthers "933-XXXX" catalog number - the "9050-9055" being the correct C&O numbers for their big 76' Brill gas-electrics. The kit uses the same sides as the C&NW gas-electric, but substitutes a high-arched roof appropriate to these Brills, and uses the old Walthers pot metal semi-circular trolley car end to approximate the round front end of these Brills. I've got many of the old Walthers catalogs from the 60's, 70's and mid 80's when they discontinued the metal sided gas-electric kits, but these all list just the C&NW and GM&O kits and none list this special C&O offering. Can anyone provide any information about this kit? Geezer

Reply to
Geezer