Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Inconel
I have just started welding inconel tig and spray (pulse) and am looking for some tips. Most of the base metal is inconel to hy80 steel. The tig isn't too bad but the puddle is a little fuzzy around...
3
3

Gas regulators and inlet filters
I have recently changed a set of Butbro (UK brand) multistage OA regs as I have never been that pleased with them, pressure fluctuations, low level chattering causing flame variation. I purchased...
3
3

Hybrid Jackson/Huntsman Nexgen hood
Last night I created my hybrid of a Huntsman 951P headgear and a Jackson Halo welding hood. It was remarkably easy. The Hunstman 951P has a positive detent lock in the up and down positions. This...
5
5

Gas Cylinder Clarifications
I had a discussion with my local welding supplier about the Rental versus Ownership tank argument. He stated that I was correct about my basic assertion about the 2 being separated from date of...
16
16

Anyone Have a Miller Spectrum 250D Plasma Cutter?
I am really not looking for troubleshooting tips although, any input would be appreciated. I am just seeking general information about this machine from owners or users. Thanks. b.
6
6

Anyone here have experience with sanitary welds in a brewery? Seattle area. Paying well.
Hi All, I am in the Seattle area and have some stainless steel brewing equipment that I need to be welded. Specifically, I have a 31 gallon stainless steel (don't know what type off hand, but I can...
4
4

cut open-ended slot with ironworker
Hello everyone How would I make these packing strips with an ironworker? | _____________ ______________ v | | | | | _/ | 25mm [1 inch] wide |______________________________| ^ ->75mm or 100mm [3inch or...
6
6

Interesting cartoon
1
1

Heat treatmnet of Injector body
Material is S45C or C45. It is recommended by the customer that after forging (at min850+10=B0C), it must fall in quenching tank with polymer quenching system. but we can't be sure that all forging...

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter
I have a Hypertherm Max20 plasma cutter that has fried 2 resistors on it's circut board and I need to know what their value is to replace them. The resistors are R25 and R26 on the main PCB marked...

backing gas
Hello all! I am a sculptor starting a project in stainless- It is an outdoor piece, three small tree forms that will act as sun shades for a poolside location. Just bought a TA Prowave 185, after...
2
2

What IS porosity?
Hi all, I'm battling a porosity problem that's either contamination, or an air leak AFAICT. I'll figure it out. Anyhow, while spending more time than I'd like with my grinder, I started to wonder...
9
9

pipe cutting
I tried winmiter (didn't work) probably a Vista problem tried ezpipe (didn't work) probably a Vista problem Tried everything / way I could to get ahold of ref. the winmiter program with no luck. I...
10
10

Miller Spectrum 250d Plasma Cutter
Bought a non-working one today. I am not familiar with this or any other plasma cutter. If I get this working, does anyone have any comments about this particular unit? Worth? Thanks b.
1
1

vertical butt fillet weld
Hi everyone I need advice on doing vertical welds "sealing" between two vertical butting plates. The welds I am getting are rather uneven in profile, thickening and thinning along the weld. Not at all...
5
5