Ace Seamaster 40 ARF wing mount question

Hello all, Just working on the final assembly of my Seamaster 40 ARF. The assembly manual notes that the wing bolt holes should be drilled 3/8" from the trailing edge. There is an addendum to the manual that states the measurement should be 7/8". Upon close examination of the plastic wing strengthening plate there are 2 dimples indicating the drill marks, but upon measurement they are 1 1/4" from the trailing edge. Checked this against the ply mounting blocks in the fuselage, which appear to be large enough to accommodate the 1 1/4" measurement. Just wondering if anyone else has run into the same problem. Preferably the 7/8" measurement would be stronger as it is closer to the ply block glue joints, but I think the wing would look silly with the 1 1/4" dimples showing if I drilled the wing at 7/8" per the instructions. Any comments/experiences would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

I used the 1 1/4 measurment. Has worked well. I heard of the blocks possibly not glued to well to the fuse. The glue job did not look so great, so I pinned the blocks to the sides of the fuse. Nothing has come loose.

Reply to
Jim P.

1/4" measurement. I feel better knowing that it just wasn't a defect in my kit.
Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad