AMA Sticker Shock

Got my AMA package today with the standard sized sticker sheet. Isnt the "Wings" logo this year tho.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I got my AMA card today, along with a sticker sheet. I thought it was kind of ironic that one of the AMA stickers has a paper airplane on it and looks a lot like the old SFA logo.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

All the little groups that the AMA is made up of???

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Think of it like kill silloettes like fighter pilots put on the side of the planes.

Joe

Reply to
Litehousehobby

ROFLOL! I was TRYING real hard NOT to say that!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

That's a good one!

It's kind of sad, though. I liked SFA. I thought that they had a pretty good idea.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

I'm new to the hobby but from what I gather from all related forums and personal experience with hard core AMA club members, they have a serious problem with any other organization other than AMA, like

I've read where someone says they don't care to join AMA and usually they are told that if they don't have AMA insurance, there is no other organization they can go to.

nascarjoe

Reply to
FLIERS 1

That's pretty much how it is. Some think of the AMA as a sacred cow, but I think that having more organizations would strengthen the credibility of our hobby, as well as keep costs down because of competition.

I just wish that you had said something about UMA last December before I sent in my 58 bucks. I'll keep them in mind for next year.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

UMA isn't picky:

You can join them even if you belong to AMA. One point is that UMA insurance is primary, not secondary like AMA , and the Safety Code isn't so much as AMA's "Thou shall cover AMA's a$$ before all others."

HC AMA 539 IMAA 04598 UMA 7160 AKC 'Pending'

Reply to
CainHD

In article , FLIERS 1 wrote: | I'm new to the hobby but from what I gather from all related forums and | personal experience with hard core AMA club members, they have a serious | problem with any other organization other than AMA, like |

| | I've read where someone says they don't care to join AMA and usually | they are told that if they don't have AMA insurance, there is no | other organization they can go to.

Well, if you need *AMA* insurance, you can only get that from the AMA. That sounds like a silly distinction, except that many clubs (all AMA chartered clubs?) require AMA insurance to fly there, and only AMA insurance will work.

However, there are other places to get insurance that will cover your modeling activities. UMA is one, and most homeonwer's policies will cover modeling accidents as well. (Oddly enough, mine does cover models, but explicitly states that it does not cover self-propelled missiles or spacecraft.)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

| HC

Shouldn't that be HC 1 ? :)

(unless your dad was a HC, in which case you'd be HC 2.)

| AMA 539 | IMAA 04598 | UMA 7160 | AKC 'Pending'

American Kennel Club? :)

I imagine that you've been called a bitch at least once in your life, but really ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

That's nice to know, but the whole point is that I need to have a million dollar liability policy if I want to fly at the local county airfield. (convenient number made up by AMA) I already bought a policy for the year, and I don't need two. Or do you suppose that AMA would refund my money if I ask them nicely?

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds