Frank Tiano speaks in RC Report Magazine

Excerpt reprinted from Frank Tiano's column (page 33) in the current issue of RC Report Magazine, with permission.

*************** "On another AMA matter, please be sure you vote this year. In the last presidential race, less than 15% of the membership voted! If any of us have any pet projects we think need attention, or if there are any problems you think need correcting, you can help yourself by voting for the man you think will do the most to give us the change(s) we're looking for. As for me, I know I'm a bit controversial, but I do think it's time for a change. I believe that the man sitting in the president's chair should be a guy who flies model airplanes, and flies them often! I think he has to be someone who listens to guys with interests other than his own. I think he needs to look toward the future, see what we're doing, see if we're doing it safely, and keep an open mind to change(s) and progress. I think we need a guy who has a head on his shoulders. With that in mind, after much research and deliberation, I urge scale modelers to vote for Dave Mathewson as our new AMA President. "Here in my own district, I can't think of anyone who will do a better job for scale modelers and other as District VP than a guy who flies and is involved in our hobby/sport on a daily basis than Tony Stillman. If you do the research and find that you've got a better choice to lead us for the next several years, then by all means go for it! But please, please, please... be sure and vote."
Reply to
J_R