AoI for a Flari Swallow

Hi,

Does anyone here know what the angle of incidence should be for a Flair Swallow ? (F3A pattern model with NACA-0012T airfoil section). I would have expected a 0-0-0 setup (engine, wing, tp), any comments ? As completed, without any shimming, I have the engine set to the same incidence as the wing, with the tail set to about -0.75 degree (ie wing and engine positive wrt tp).

The instructions don't mention any angles of attack but they do say that a degree or so of downthrust and rightthrust is required which is easy to add via washers under the engine bolts. Should this be measured wrt the tp or the wing ?

If anyone who's flown one remembers the numbers they ended up with then I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Reply to
Boo

downthrust and rightthrust are also dependen on you engine and prop. Mine was downthrust 2 degrees and rightthrust 2 degrees Saito .91. unfortunately with the saito .91 the plane is a bit underpowered. Noticeble in the uplines. better would be a YS .91 or a saito .120 or osmax .91FX Note: The original OCG is not correct. See the flair's website for this. Too far forward. Note2: if you flying at an altitude of 6 feet inverted: do not try to make a loooping. The trurn radius is a bit more then 6 feet :...-(

Reply to
Maarten

I have done that! :-(

Reply to