incidence angle

I want to learn some details about the theory of the incidence angle for aircrafts or model r/c. if you know an internet adress please let me know.

I am drawing an s6b supermarine.If anyone know about the specific type of the airfoil and the incidence will be very helpfull.

thanks!

Reply to
MANOS

flat is high lift and usually uses +2. Symetrical is equal lift top and bottom and usually is set at 0. Engine offset is also a consideration on your flying surface alignment.. Try a semi-symetrical thick airfoil with a +1 or +2 incidence and 0 on the motor and hor stab. If all else fails .. look up the plans for some proven fliers and copy them...

Reply to
SKYLANE42

refer to = Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

section = Aircraft Design. Airfoils, Pull-Pull Systems, Flight Trim & Static Thrust Calculator. some articles have animated pictorial information. regards Alan T.

Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.