Balancing a GP Mini Slinger flying wing

This is the my first time building/flying a wing. Is it normal for
flying wings to be touchy while balancing them?? I set my GP Mini
Slinger on my CG balancer at the proper location for CG in acord to
manual, shifted the gear around until it was level and stayed level,
but found that the slightest touch to tail ( lack of it ) or nose the
plane will not return to level/center like a conventional plane but
will drop in that direction.
Thanks,
Mike
Reply to
Mike
Sounds like nothing more than the center of gravity being above the surface you're using for balancing. No big deal, and unavoidable if the C/G goes through the middle of the wing.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
But if the C/G goes through the middle of the wing it's above the lower surface, making the thing unstable on a C/G stand when upright) and below the upper surface, making the thing unstable on a C/G stand when upside down.
So you just locate the C/G by the spot where it has equal tendency to tip fore or aft.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Sounds like the simple solution would be to screw two little screw-eyes into the top of the plane, one on each side, at the desired CG location, and hang it from strings.
Reply to
rocket_jim

Site Timeline