be care full with propeller

today writing to rec.models.rc.air is not that easy because I am using only my left hand. Yesterday I left 2 finger tips in my P-40 prop.... so people be careful its hurts at lot. I know it today

Reply to
Jacques Ciana

Sorry to hear about your fingers.

I know what the pain is like. I ran two finger tips through a planer in 1996 or thereabouts. :o(

Thanks for sharing your learning experience with us.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Sorry to hear that, Jacques. I hope the damage wasn't too severe. It's sometimes easy to forget that 12K RPM food processor is there.

When I first got into R/C, I had a Picco .45. This is an Italian engine with a LOT of compression. One day, while finger-flipping it, it backfired and caught my thumbnail. As soon as I stopped jumping around and swearing, I went out and bought an electric starter. Today I always use that or a chicken stick. I stuck my finger in a porp once more while attempting to stop a Webra .32 by placing my finger over the carb throat. Luckily for me, the engine was at idle, and I got no more than a bad cut. I allowed myself to be distracted while doing it.

Again, sorry to hear of your accident. Speedy recovery! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

On 4/30/2004 6:33 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope it isn't too bad.

In the manual "The Care and Feeding of Engines" :), it states that the majority of engines require periodic ingestion of "Flesh and Blood" for proper running. :) Under the options sections it states: "To minimize/eliminate the Flesh and Blood for proper running do one of the following - 1. Have someone else hand start the engine. 2. Purchase and use an electric starter (Note: Either have the battery pack attached to the starter or make sure the leads to the starter are well clear of the propellor)" :)

Hope you feel better.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Ted Campanelli a écrit:

thanks all of you for your message, but the worst is to come: my wife want me to give up flying and she is pushing very hard...I am trying to find some good argument to avoid this dictatorial gesture!

Reply to
Jacques Ciana
[...]

to rec.models.rc.air is not that easy because I am using

Just take up drinking/gambling/women/drugs instead.. she will soon be begging you to get back to flying.

Reply to
freeda

On 4/30/2004 3:41 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

You might try to find out she is pushing so hard for you to give it up. I have a hunch she feels you are going to leave her alone too much. If that is the case, invite her to go with you and see if you can get her interested the hobby.

If that doesn't do any good, you might try something to the effect: "Honey, I realize there are risks associated with this hobby (hold up bandaged hand), but there are risks with any hobby. This is the worst I can expect from this hobby. I could understand where you are coming from if my hobby was skydiving." Another one you might try is: "Honey, look at it this way, you know where I am. If I am not out flying, I am working on a model or right here with you. Isn't that preferable to drinking for a hobby and spending my time in bars ?"

Hope this is of some help.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Ouch! It's a lesson most of us "learn" at some point. And some of us keep learning it, over and over again :-(

Reply to
John Privett

Don't argue with your wife. Just dicker.

Sorry couldn't resist (running for cover).

Bill(oldcoot)

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Reply to