Belgian website with English translation

My website,

describing the evolution of my Belgian layout, is now available in English too. I think non-Belgian folks might enjoy my site as well, as it describes a lot of hints on subjects I've been reading in this newsgroup. As for the translation, I think there are still a lot of linguistic mistakes on the pages. Would you be so kind to report them to me?

Thanks, Gerolf

Reply to
Gerolf Peeters

Corrected url:-

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Before Gerolf starts fretting - the original seems fine to me, but I'm not going through AOL. :)

-- Regards, Chris Luck

Reply to
Chris Luck

I know - I just wanted to disregard the remark Gerolf

"Chris Luck" schreef in bericht news:cpune1$7s7$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Gerolf Peeters

Gerolf wrote:-

There was an apostrophe at the end of your original URL which prevented the link from working.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Just to note that as I view it in (the much maligned) Outlook Express the trailing comma doesn't appear as part of the link.

-- Regards, Chris Luck

Reply to
Chris Luck

Just to note that as I view it in (the much maligned) Outlook Express the trailing comma doesn't appear as part of the link.

-- Regards, Chris Luck

Reply to
Chris Luck

Has anyone looked at the website itself so far?

... and not just at the URL ...

Regards, Gerolf

Reply to
Gerolf Peeters

Gerolf Peters wrote:-

Obviously or I wouldn't have noticed the problem with the URL!

I couldn't get the links at the top of the page to work and just assumed the site was still under construction.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yes, indeed. Sorry about the detour! The menu hierarchy is a somewhat unintuitive (as Kim evidently found) and it takes some time to get the hang of it. A particular gripe is that clicking the 'Home' button does not necessarily return you to the home page. The 'Reactions' menu might be better titled 'Feedback' - a personal preference.

Your English is generally very good and deviations from standard terminology are fairly minor.

Example: "At the clock-entrance a triangular signal...", would be expected as - "At the clock-input a triangular signal..."

But as the English will argue at length about the terminology they use amongst themselves I suggest you don't get too preoccupied with minor details.

Content (once found) will certainly be of interest to others. I'm sure that click-able images linking to larger shots would be appreciated, you seem to have a major civil engineering project under way there. For the website, the menu design is the issue that needs first attention, when you get time off from the heavy engineering!

-- Regards, Chris Luck

Reply to
Chris Luck

Thank you for the more in-depth evaluation of the site. The home-page problem shouldn't be too hard to fix, I will do this in a while. The "entrance"-thing is something I obviously missed during proof-reading. I was wondering about a better word than "Reactions" -thanks for the tip! As for the menu itself, I'm using my third design now. Because the website evolves continuously - as does my layout - I needed to enlarge the menu as well. The second menu design I used was more straightforward, but only compatible to MSIE, so this left a lot of internet users out. I've spend a lot of time designing this menu, but I know too little about Javascripting to make it look more intuitive. This menu is completely hand-made, using pictures with links. I wanted it to load fast and be fairly easy to use.

Thanks again for your effort, Gerolf

"Chris Luck" schreef in bericht news:cpvk9q$314$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Gerolf Peeters