Belt cp main rotor blades

Hi how tight do I tighten the rotor blades on a belt cp. I have rea

that you should tighten main blades so that they hold there own weigh when heli is on its side but fold if you give it a sharp shake. I a confused. If you left them this lose they will fold as soon as th motor begins. Maybe this was for a different heli ? Can someone please clarify this for me. Maybe they were talking abou the tail blades. They fold if you turn them one way but stop hard i you turn them the other way

-- topgun7

----------------------------------------------------------------------- topgun77's Profile:

this thread:

topgun77

The idea is to be able to turn the CP on it's side, and the main blades just stay put as you rotate the assembly. The blades must move to allow everything to center and reduce vibration. A purest might use a gram scale or balance to determine if the blades are too tight or loose in the clamps. I always have trouble getting the teo blades to have about the same amount of tightness.

Reply to
Chuck

Thank you Chuck, for clearing that up. Being new to the sport I woul

have thought that you have to tighten the Blades to the point wher they wouldnt move at all. I have just got my Belt CP and set it all up. Just need to get a Lip charger and then I will take it for my first flight. Hopefully I don smash it to pieces :

-- topgun7

this thread:

topgun77

The darn Lipo chargers and batteries are another bag of worms. Many of the cheap chargers (even some that use the balance connector) can damage the Lipo batteries. As a general rule, Lipos should not be fully charged or discharged. You should usually charge to about 90% or so, not 100% When the helio shows signs of less power or response, quit flying immediately, and charge the Lipo before you fly again. If mis-set or mis-programmed, the expensive chargers will cheerfully cause a Lipo to swell, and even go up in a cloud of smoke and fire. On a long term basis the A123 batteries look good, and don't explode etc. (unless they are grossly abused, then it's a maybe, like many other batteries.) Cost at present is quite high, and not all chargers are setup to handle them .

Reply to
Chuck