brand new stampede way too hot?

Went down to my local Radio Shack and sprang for a Stampede, my first "real" R/C car. After charging the six cell pack for five hours and running the truck for five minutes (began to lose charge) the motor was pretty much untouchable for more than one second, the blue cooling fins only slightly cooler, and the battery would be very uncomfortable to hold for more than two seconds-like a potato right out of the oven. Doesn't sound right for an unmodified rc truck. The wheels spin freely and it ran great. I ran it hard, lots of full throttle in the dirt and gravel. Does this seem normal? Thanks from a complete novice, Dan Cutter

Reply to
Dan Cutter

This article will get a better response from rec.models.rc.land as we usually talk airplanes here. I haven't any expereince with electrics, so couldn't tell you.

Reply to
Vance

That Rat Shack apparently sells hobby-class land models; in this case Traxxas electric Stampede.

Reply to
Frater Mus