C of G Question:

I have a constant chord bipe that I inherited from another club member and I need to calculate C of G. All the calculators I can find deal only with monoplanes and have no information concerning the balancing of bipes. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom Bubb

Reply to
Judy Bubb

"Judy Bubb" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

If you let us know what manufacturer and model of bipe is, someone here can read it off their plans to you.

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

Tom --

It's pretty simple to do, but hard to describe, so I'm referring you to a page at the Palos R/C Web Site that has it printed for you. It's a great site by the way.

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

It's an Aeromaster design but I don't have any idea who the manufacturer is. Top wing is 53 inches long with a 9 inch cord and the bottom is 49 inches long also with a 9 inch cord.

Reply to
Tom Bubb

OK..sounds like you have a Lou Andrews Aeromaster...one of my favorites. Builds in three different wing configutations unless you have the originalkit.

Goes like this:

Configuration 1(0riginal): 52 1/2" swept top wing, 52 1/2 swapt bottom wing CG is 1" in front of the rear cabane strut.

Configuration 2: 52 1/2" swept top wing, 48" straight bottom wing CG is

3/4" in front of the rear cabane strut.

COnfiguration 3: Double swept 52 1/2" wings, CG is 3/8" infront of the rear cabane strut.

Happy flyng,

Pcoopy AMA609

Reply to
pcoopy

Correction: Configuration 1 is 52 1/2" swept top wing, 52 1/2 straight bottom wing CG is 1" in front of the rear cabane strut.

Reply to
pcoopy

If the wings are the same area you can compute the CGs individually and split the difference. If they are different areas, you would move the CG proportionally towards the larger wing.

Reply to
Steve Banks

Seems like you may have solved my problem. It appears I have configuration #2 with the swept top wing and the straight bottom wing.

Many thanks to all those who responded.

Tom Bubb

Reply to
Tom Bubb

It appears Pcoopy has solved my problem for now and the others have given me the information necessary to solve this problem in the future.

Many thanks to all who responded.

Tom Bubb

Reply to
Tom Bubb