Chief-Aircraft...Katana 140

Looking for anyone that has any hands on experence with this aircraft. IE.. What is the quallity like, does everything fit,, Paint , covering, Hardware, etc[Not sure what kind on covering.. anyone have any ideas]? And what about fllight worthness and what kind of motors are being used? It looks kinda like and Extra but I notice it's a center wing.Thanks in advance.............. Bobby

Reply to
DAYFLIER

Plus that price looks pretty good too!

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

Have one in my basement waiting for an engine. The kit is very nice an

the plane very light. I have no complaints so far, seems to be a excellent value

- Danc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums Visit us at

Dancy

Is this plane still available.

Reply to
hotelmode

No, I don't see it on there site anymore but this plane had problems. The original wing tube was not long enough so the wings would snap off quite easy (happened to me) and the kit was replaced no charge with the 'new' design. They beefed up the wings all right, I have a photo of me (fat boy) standing on one between to bricks and it held. Problem was EACH wing was now more that one full pound heavier than the original. this made the plane too heavy for anything but high speed passes. Slow it down and it would tip stall (after 20 or so flights this problem ate my second Katana). In my opinion the Funtana is a much better plane and have several friends flying that. I went to a BME Edge 540 with a DA150 on it. All I can say is wow! Fantastic plane!

OBTW....the katana was made by China air and they still list it:

I see BME changed there name....

Dancy

Thanks for the links!

Reply to