cleaning motor brushes

Hi all,

I just had my Astro 05 commutator resurfaced and I am wondering how can I clean the brushes? With everybody flying brushless now, my local hobby shop doesn't stock the brushes. Whats the best way to clean them? Dremel with wire brush wheel? Or just clean them up with alcohol?

Thanks,

Michal

Reply to
Michal

Spin the motor up on a light load and at modest RPM till the arcing and sparking slows down, and wipe verythig clean again with just about anything you like.

The brushes just need to bed down. The dirtiness doesn't do any real harm.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher